For boys who are into geek girls – or thinking about dating one, this article is a good starting point, be warned though, not all geek girls are created equal ^^ so beware of the overly generalised nature of the article.
Another note, geek girls come in variety of disciplines, you may find computer geek girls (she might be an open source girl or Microsoft techie types, they are quite different so be a little bit careful here), Math geek, Biology geek, or combinations of those. The given article discusses particularly, computer geek girls.
For those who think, ” Why would I want to date a female geek? “, the article provided some very good reasons:
- They are generally available. (errr -_-)
- Other men will tend not to steal them. (righhhhtt -_-).
- They can fix things.
- Your computer will love them.
- They’re smart.
And there is even a testimonial from a man who marries his geeky girlfriend:
Geeks are sensitive and caring lovers and wives. If you can hang with the techno-lifestyle, they make the best mates. They are the most attractive people, not flashy or hunky, but the kind who get cuter and more alluring over time.
So how to start finding a geeky girl? How can we spot them?
- You’ll find them hanging out with their friends, discussing the latest hardware revolution or perfecting their Bill Gates impressions.
- Geek girls wear t-shirts with the logos of different software companies on them, thus showing that they are up on the latest releases.
- Geeks also like to go to sci-fi and Japanese animated movies (not all geek girls like sci-fi and Japanese animated movies).
How to charm a geek girl:
- Geeks tend towards packaged junk foods since they prefer to work and think and aren’t all that into cooking for themselves. Make sure that your geek girl understands that you are not merely a replicator, and provide her with home-cooked food. A batch of chocolate chip cookies will let her know that you love her.
- The geek girl has long work habits and tends to bring her work home with her. She seems permanently connected to her hard disk. You must at least appear interested in her work. Generally, a solid understanding of the computer is a must; if you cannot master this, you should at least be able to talk the talk.
- Geek girls thrive on mystery and love challenges and intellectual puzzles.
And a precaution:
Don’t ever try to force the issue, or make crazy demands that she choose between her computer and you. Remember, her computer has been there for her whole life; you are a new interloper she hasn’t quite grasped yet.
So what are you waiting for? Why settle for normal girl if you can get yourself a geek girl ? :p